Lazio win away as Italy enjoys goals galore
Rome: Lazio recorded their first away victory in the league since October, winning 2-0 at lowly Brescia as the Serie A goals flew in on Sunday.
Goals from forwards Alvaro Gonzalez and Libor Kozak pushed the Rome side up to third place, seven points behind leaders AC Milan who thumped Parma 4-0 on Saturday.
Udinese continued their good form with a 3-0 triumph at struggling Cesena, Antonio Di Natale grabbing his 17th and 18th goals of the season and Gokhan Inler also on target.
Gonzalez put Lazio ahead after 18 minutes at third from bottom Brescia and, just as the home side appeared to be getting back into the match, the visitors struck again on 58 when Czech Kozak headed in a corner.
Sampdoria struck three times in the first 15 minutes thanks to Angelo Palombo, Daniele Gastaldello and new signing Massimo Maccarone as they moved up to 12th with a 3-1 win over Bologna.
Nene bagged a double to inspire ninth-placed Cagliari to a 4-1 home victory over Chievo Verona.
In the battle to move away from the drop zone, a late double from Francesco Lodi helped Catania come from behind to defeat Lecce 3-2.
Fiorentina rallied to claim their first away victory of the season by defeating Palermo 4-2.
Palermo, in sixth position, led 2-1 but were undone by three efforts in the last 20 minutes from Michele Camporese, Cesare Bovo (own goal) and Riccardo Montolivo.
Champions Inter Milan, eight points adrift of AC Milan but with two games in hand, visit Juventus in Sunday`s late match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...