LDF Govt committed to rehabilitate landless tribals: CM
Kozhikode: Kerala Chief Minister V S
Achuthanandan on Friday said his government was committed to
rehabilitate landless tribals, in the wake of the controversy
over land encroachment spearheaded by pro-CPI(M) outfits in
"When a few private parties are under the possession of
hundreds of acres of land in Wayanad, the landless tribals are
at the receiving end. My government is committed to address
issues faced by them," he said.
On the Kerala High Court`s recent direction asking the
Wayanad district administration to justify the decision to
attach the encroached land, reportedly possessed by Janata
Dal(S) leader M V Shreyams Kumar, he said the details would be
furnished before the Court.
Achuthanandan was addressing a public function hosted as
part of distributing `Offers of assignment" to over 1,000
people who have been occupying surplus land for the last 15
years at Ambayathode near Thamarassery in the district.
Each family has been provided nine to 10 cents land on
126 acres taken over by the state government from the Malabar
Produce and Rubber Company in 1989.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP