LDF Govt committed to rehabilitate landless tribals: CM
Kozhikode: Kerala Chief Minister V S
Achuthanandan on Friday said his government was committed to
rehabilitate landless tribals, in the wake of the controversy
over land encroachment spearheaded by pro-CPI(M) outfits in
"When a few private parties are under the possession of
hundreds of acres of land in Wayanad, the landless tribals are
at the receiving end. My government is committed to address
issues faced by them," he said.
On the Kerala High Court`s recent direction asking the
Wayanad district administration to justify the decision to
attach the encroached land, reportedly possessed by Janata
Dal(S) leader M V Shreyams Kumar, he said the details would be
furnished before the Court.
Achuthanandan was addressing a public function hosted as
part of distributing `Offers of assignment" to over 1,000
people who have been occupying surplus land for the last 15
years at Ambayathode near Thamarassery in the district.
Each family has been provided nine to 10 cents land on
126 acres taken over by the state government from the Malabar
Produce and Rubber Company in 1989.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read