Lee Chong Wei considering missing SEA Games
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysia`s Lee Chong Wei, the world`s number one ranked badminton player, is considering skipping next month`s South East Asian Games in Laos fearing fatigue.
Lee, last year`s Beijing Olympics silver medallist, has been in great form, winning last weekend`s Hong Kong Open, but is worried about his busy schedule.
He is due to play the China Open starting on Wednesday, as well as the Super Series Masters Final in the first week of December, raising doubts about his chances of playing in the Dec. 9-18 SEA Games.
"To expect one to peak in four back-to-back tournaments is asking for the impossible," he told reporters. "I will compete in the China Open and Masters Finals. But I am not sure whether I will be able to raise my game in the SEA Games."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Turkish military returns fire in Syria after shells hit border town: Report
- North Korea rolls out on-demand TV service
- Priyanka teams with Jodie Foster to reinvent song
- Akshay Kumar hides daughter Nitara's face from the paps and it's so CUTE! Picture proof inside
- Banning cash transactions over Rs 3 lakh under consideration: CBDT