Lee Chong Wei considering missing SEA Games
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysia`s Lee Chong Wei, the world`s number one ranked badminton player, is considering skipping next month`s South East Asian Games in Laos fearing fatigue.
Lee, last year`s Beijing Olympics silver medallist, has been in great form, winning last weekend`s Hong Kong Open, but is worried about his busy schedule.
He is due to play the China Open starting on Wednesday, as well as the Super Series Masters Final in the first week of December, raising doubts about his chances of playing in the Dec. 9-18 SEA Games.
"To expect one to peak in four back-to-back tournaments is asking for the impossible," he told reporters. "I will compete in the China Open and Masters Finals. But I am not sure whether I will be able to raise my game in the SEA Games."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls