Lee, Gade to meet in Indonesian Open badminton
Jakarta: World number one Lee Chong Wei will meet Danish veteran Peter Gade in the final of the Indonesian Open after the Malaysian star defeated Chen Long from China on Saturday.
Lee outclassed the Chinese 21-17, 21-18 to set up Sunday`s showdown with the fifth-seeded Gade, who beat Japan`s Sho Sasaki 21-11, 21-14.
Gade admitted that he will be up against it when he takes on the 28-year-old Lee, who was in red-hot form against Chen.
"There is still a chance for me to win although I will face the world`s number one player," Gade said.
"But anything can happen in the final. After Taufik`s loss, many local supporters want me to win," the 34-year-old said, referring to home hope Taufik Hidayat, who Gade saw off in style on Friday.
India`s Saina Nehwal secured her place in the women`s final after defeating Cheng Shao-chieh of Taiwan 21-14, 14-21, 21-17. Nehwal will meet China`s Wang Yihan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users