Lee, Gade to meet in Indonesian Open badminton
Jakarta: World number one Lee Chong Wei will meet Danish veteran Peter Gade in the final of the Indonesian Open after the Malaysian star defeated Chen Long from China on Saturday.
Lee outclassed the Chinese 21-17, 21-18 to set up Sunday`s showdown with the fifth-seeded Gade, who beat Japan`s Sho Sasaki 21-11, 21-14.
Gade admitted that he will be up against it when he takes on the 28-year-old Lee, who was in red-hot form against Chen.
"There is still a chance for me to win although I will face the world`s number one player," Gade said.
"But anything can happen in the final. After Taufik`s loss, many local supporters want me to win," the 34-year-old said, referring to home hope Taufik Hidayat, who Gade saw off in style on Friday.
India`s Saina Nehwal secured her place in the women`s final after defeating Cheng Shao-chieh of Taiwan 21-14, 14-21, 21-17. Nehwal will meet China`s Wang Yihan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India