Lee, Gade to meet in Indonesian Open badminton
Jakarta: World number one Lee Chong Wei will meet Danish veteran Peter Gade in the final of the Indonesian Open after the Malaysian star defeated Chen Long from China on Saturday.
Lee outclassed the Chinese 21-17, 21-18 to set up Sunday`s showdown with the fifth-seeded Gade, who beat Japan`s Sho Sasaki 21-11, 21-14.
Gade admitted that he will be up against it when he takes on the 28-year-old Lee, who was in red-hot form against Chen.
"There is still a chance for me to win although I will face the world`s number one player," Gade said.
"But anything can happen in the final. After Taufik`s loss, many local supporters want me to win," the 34-year-old said, referring to home hope Taufik Hidayat, who Gade saw off in style on Friday.
India`s Saina Nehwal secured her place in the women`s final after defeating Cheng Shao-chieh of Taiwan 21-14, 14-21, 21-17. Nehwal will meet China`s Wang Yihan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test