Lee, Gade to meet in Indonesian Open badminton
Jakarta: World number one Lee Chong Wei will meet Danish veteran Peter Gade in the final of the Indonesian Open after the Malaysian star defeated Chen Long from China on Saturday.
Lee outclassed the Chinese 21-17, 21-18 to set up Sunday`s showdown with the fifth-seeded Gade, who beat Japan`s Sho Sasaki 21-11, 21-14.
Gade admitted that he will be up against it when he takes on the 28-year-old Lee, who was in red-hot form against Chen.
"There is still a chance for me to win although I will face the world`s number one player," Gade said.
"But anything can happen in the final. After Taufik`s loss, many local supporters want me to win," the 34-year-old said, referring to home hope Taufik Hidayat, who Gade saw off in style on Friday.
India`s Saina Nehwal secured her place in the women`s final after defeating Cheng Shao-chieh of Taiwan 21-14, 14-21, 21-17. Nehwal will meet China`s Wang Yihan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional