Lee, Gade to meet in Indonesian Open badminton
Jakarta: World number one Lee Chong Wei will meet Danish veteran Peter Gade in the final of the Indonesian Open after the Malaysian star defeated Chen Long from China on Saturday.
Lee outclassed the Chinese 21-17, 21-18 to set up Sunday`s showdown with the fifth-seeded Gade, who beat Japan`s Sho Sasaki 21-11, 21-14.
Gade admitted that he will be up against it when he takes on the 28-year-old Lee, who was in red-hot form against Chen.
"There is still a chance for me to win although I will face the world`s number one player," Gade said.
"But anything can happen in the final. After Taufik`s loss, many local supporters want me to win," the 34-year-old said, referring to home hope Taufik Hidayat, who Gade saw off in style on Friday.
India`s Saina Nehwal secured her place in the women`s final after defeating Cheng Shao-chieh of Taiwan 21-14, 14-21, 21-17. Nehwal will meet China`s Wang Yihan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena