Lee-Hesh are number one team in World
New Delhi: Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupthi displaced Mike and Bob Bryan as the world number one doubles team, following their title triumph at the Miami Masters.
The Indian Express won the Sony Ericsson Open after beating Max Mirnyi and Daniel Nestor 6-7(5), 6-2, 10-5 in the summit clash.
Paes and Bhupathi now have 2630 points, 250 more than the Bryan brothers.
Individually, Bhupathi is still at number five and Paes at number seven in the ATP doubles ranking.
In the singles rankings, Somdev Devvarman further improved his position to 71, a gain of two places, after making a third round appearance at Miami Masters.
Rohan Bopanna who was made remarkable stride in doubles is static at 15th but as a pair he and Pakistan`s Aisam-ul Haq Qureshi are now eighth improving from their 10th slot.
Sania Mirza also improved his position in top-100 as she moved to 90 from 99 in WTA singles chart.
Sania had earned 80 ranking points by reaching the second round at Miami Premier event after qualifying for the main draw.
In the doubles, she is static at number 33.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’