Lee-Hesh duo enters final of Cincinnati Open
Cincinnati (USA): Third seeds Mahesh Bhupathi and Leander Paes staged a brilliant comeback to shock top seeds and defending champions Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan and reach the final of the Western and Southern Open here.
The Indian Express was down by a set and break in the second set but went on to record a 1-6, 7-6(2), 10-7 win in the semi-finals.
This was Paes and Bhupathi`s first win in three meetings against the Bryan brothers this season, after falling to the world number one pair in the Australian Open and AEGON Championships finals.
Paes and Bhupathi will take on Michael Llodra and Nenad Zimonjic in the summit clash as they gun for their third title of the season.
They had won the titles at Sony Ericsson Open and Chennai Open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack