Lee-Hesh duo enters final of Cincinnati Open
Cincinnati (USA): Third seeds Mahesh Bhupathi and Leander Paes staged a brilliant comeback to shock top seeds and defending champions Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan and reach the final of the Western and Southern Open here.
The Indian Express was down by a set and break in the second set but went on to record a 1-6, 7-6(2), 10-7 win in the semi-finals.
This was Paes and Bhupathi`s first win in three meetings against the Bryan brothers this season, after falling to the world number one pair in the Australian Open and AEGON Championships finals.
Paes and Bhupathi will take on Michael Llodra and Nenad Zimonjic in the summit clash as they gun for their third title of the season.
They had won the titles at Sony Ericsson Open and Chennai Open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss