Lee-Hesh gun down Cincinnati title
Mason: The duo of Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi got their game right ahead of the US Open Grand Slam as they beat Michael Llodra and Nenad Zimonjic, 7-6 (4), 7-6 (2) in the doubles final of the Cincinnati Open on the Grandstand Court at Lindner Family Tennis Center in Mason.
Playing together, the tennis duo had reached the pinnacles and their reunion has placed them as the No. 5 team in the world. They successfully gunned for their third title of the season after they won the titles at Sony Ericsson Open and Chennai Open.
"If you had asked me 10 years ago if we would win here again 10 years later, I would have started laughing that we`d still be playing," Paes said after the win.
"It`s a great feeling to come back and win in the summer. We didn`t have so much rhythm in Europe, but we managed to put it together this week. We`ve beaten some really big teams and are playing well. For us, it`s a big confidence booster for the US Open, but we still have a lot of work to do there."
Neither team dropped serve in the match.
"They are the hottest team and we had to play our best match of the year to beat them. We served and volleyed great, and played an error free match. When we had chances, we took them," Bhupathi said
The French-Serbian duo were looking to win their third straight title, having won the Legg Mason Tennis Classic in Washington DC and the Rogers Cup in Montreal last week.
The defeat snapped their superb 11-match win streak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Saffron party will still face defeat in the upcoming assembly elections', BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna Joshi jump
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh