Lee-Hesh in 2nd round of Cincinnati Masters event
Cincinnati (US): Seeded third in the tournament, India`s Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi have advanced to the second round of the ATP Western and Southern Open after getting a bye in the opening round.
The India duo will take on the winner of the match between Serbs Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki and the Spanish combo of Marc Lopez and Rafael Nadal.
Another Indian advancing to the second round is Rohan Bopanna, who, along with Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi, got a bye in the first round.
The fifth seed Indo-Pak pair next face Argentine duo of Juan Ignacio Chela and Juan Monaco, who overcame the challenge of Austria`s Oliver Marach and Belgium`s Dick Norman 6-4, 3-6, 10-6 in their opening round match.
No Indian is competing in the singles main draw with Somdev Devvarman failing to cross the qualifying hurdle. He lost in the first round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men