Lee-Hesh in 2nd round of Cincinnati Masters event
Cincinnati (US): Seeded third in the tournament, India`s Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi have advanced to the second round of the ATP Western and Southern Open after getting a bye in the opening round.
The India duo will take on the winner of the match between Serbs Janko Tipsarevic and Viktor Troicki and the Spanish combo of Marc Lopez and Rafael Nadal.
Another Indian advancing to the second round is Rohan Bopanna, who, along with Pakistani partner Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi, got a bye in the first round.
The fifth seed Indo-Pak pair next face Argentine duo of Juan Ignacio Chela and Juan Monaco, who overcame the challenge of Austria`s Oliver Marach and Belgium`s Dick Norman 6-4, 3-6, 10-6 in their opening round match.
No Indian is competing in the singles main draw with Somdev Devvarman failing to cross the qualifying hurdle. He lost in the first round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says