Lee-Hesh in Aegon Classic final
London: Third seeds Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi earned a shot at their third title of the season as they set up the summit-clash of the ATP Aegon Championships against Mike and Bob Bryan here.
The `Indian Express` pair had to dig deep before beating Max Mirnyi of Belarus and Canadian Daniel Nestor 6-7(7), 7-6(6), 10-8 in the semifinals of the euro 694,250 grass court event in the run up to Wimbledon Championships.
The top seeded Bryan brothers, on the other hand, had an easy outing as they overpowered Oliver Marach of Austria and Marcin Matkowski of Poland 6-2, 6-1 in their semifinal match.
While Paes and Bhupathi are eyeing their first Queen`s Club title, Mike and Bob have been champions thrice here. Paes and Bhupathi will also have a chance to avenge their Australian Open final defeat at the hands of the Americans, who had prevailed 6-3, 6-4 in January.
The Indian veterans have won two titles so far this season, triumphing at Chennai Open and Miami Masters.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife