Lee-Hesh in Aegon Classic final
London: Third seeds Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi earned a shot at their third title of the season as they set up the summit-clash of the ATP Aegon Championships against Mike and Bob Bryan here.
The `Indian Express` pair had to dig deep before beating Max Mirnyi of Belarus and Canadian Daniel Nestor 6-7(7), 7-6(6), 10-8 in the semifinals of the euro 694,250 grass court event in the run up to Wimbledon Championships.
The top seeded Bryan brothers, on the other hand, had an easy outing as they overpowered Oliver Marach of Austria and Marcin Matkowski of Poland 6-2, 6-1 in their semifinal match.
While Paes and Bhupathi are eyeing their first Queen`s Club title, Mike and Bob have been champions thrice here. Paes and Bhupathi will also have a chance to avenge their Australian Open final defeat at the hands of the Americans, who had prevailed 6-3, 6-4 in January.
The Indian veterans have won two titles so far this season, triumphing at Chennai Open and Miami Masters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas