Lee-Hesh lose to Bryan brothers at ATP AEGON Ch`sh
London: Indian stars Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi ended runners up at the ATP AEGON championships after losing yet another final to American twins Mike and Bob Bryan, on Monday.
The third seed `Indian Express` squandered a first-set lead to lose the final match 7-6 (2), 6-7(4), 6-10 to the top seeds after fighting for an hour and 43 minutes.
Paes and Bhupathi had lost to Bryan brothers in the Australian Open summit clash in January also.
Monday`s defeat means, a third title of the 2011 season slipped out of the hands of the Indian veterans, who had won the Chennai Open and Miami Masters earlier.
The Lee-Hesh pair earned plenty of break chances in the opening set but could convert only two out of seven.
The Bryan brothers also broke the Indians twice and a 6-6 deadlock forced a tie-breaker. Paes and Bhupathi raced to a 5-1 lead and converted the second set point to march ahead.
In the second set, the Indian did well by saving two early breakpoints and it went on serve till the fifth game.
Lee-Hesh converted the second breakpoint in the sixth game to create a mini 4-2 lead but a double fault by Bhupathi allowed the Americans to break back in the next game.
That proved disastrous as the Americans came out firing all guns blazing after that and stretched the match to Super tie breaker, in which they prevailed to win their fourth title at Queen`s Club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt