Lee-Hesh lose to Bryan brothers at ATP AEGON Ch`sh
London: Indian stars Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi ended runners up at the ATP AEGON championships after losing yet another final to American twins Mike and Bob Bryan, on Monday.
The third seed `Indian Express` squandered a first-set lead to lose the final match 7-6 (2), 6-7(4), 6-10 to the top seeds after fighting for an hour and 43 minutes.
Paes and Bhupathi had lost to Bryan brothers in the Australian Open summit clash in January also.
Monday`s defeat means, a third title of the 2011 season slipped out of the hands of the Indian veterans, who had won the Chennai Open and Miami Masters earlier.
The Lee-Hesh pair earned plenty of break chances in the opening set but could convert only two out of seven.
The Bryan brothers also broke the Indians twice and a 6-6 deadlock forced a tie-breaker. Paes and Bhupathi raced to a 5-1 lead and converted the second set point to march ahead.
In the second set, the Indian did well by saving two early breakpoints and it went on serve till the fifth game.
Lee-Hesh converted the second breakpoint in the sixth game to create a mini 4-2 lead but a double fault by Bhupathi allowed the Americans to break back in the next game.
That proved disastrous as the Americans came out firing all guns blazing after that and stretched the match to Super tie breaker, in which they prevailed to win their fourth title at Queen`s Club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP