Lee-Hesh out of Rome ATP Masters
Rome: Third seeds Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi crashed out of the Rome Masters after being outplayed in the super tie-breaker by American pair of Sam Querrey and John Isner.
The Indians lost 3-6, 6-3, 5-10 to their unseeded rivals in the second round in one hour and 12 minutes.
The Indians were playing their first match after getting a bye in the first round.
The Americans cashed in on both the break chances before the super tie-breaker.
Paes and Bhupathi converted both the chances in the second set to take the match to decisive super tie-breaker, in which though the Americans prevailed.
Querrey and Isner are in good form and had also defeated Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi in the Madrid Open recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt