Lee-Hesh out of Rome ATP Masters
Rome: Third seeds Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi crashed out of the Rome Masters after being outplayed in the super tie-breaker by American pair of Sam Querrey and John Isner.
The Indians lost 3-6, 6-3, 5-10 to their unseeded rivals in the second round in one hour and 12 minutes.
The Indians were playing their first match after getting a bye in the first round.
The Americans cashed in on both the break chances before the super tie-breaker.
Paes and Bhupathi converted both the chances in the second set to take the match to decisive super tie-breaker, in which though the Americans prevailed.
Querrey and Isner are in good form and had also defeated Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi in the Madrid Open recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY