Lee-Hesh seeded 3rd, Bopanna-Qureshi 5th at French Open
Paris: Aiming to win their third French Open title together, Indian veterans Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi have been seeded third in the clay court Grand Slam and will open their campaign against the German pair of Tommy Haas and Philipp Petzschner.
Paes and Bhupathi were champions in the 1999 and 2001 edition of the second Grand Slam of the year.
The US Open finalists, Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-haqQureshi of Pakistan are seeded fifth and face the Italian combination of Andreas Seppi and Simone Vagnozzi.
Pitted in the first-half of the draw, Paes-Bhupathi willclash with Bopanna-Qureshi combine in the pre-quarterfinals if both the teams clear the first two rounds.
Another Indian featuring in the men`s doubles event is Somdev Devvarman, who has paired with Chinese Taipei`s Yen-Hsun Lu.
They have been drawn against the Spanish duo of Marcel Granollers and Feliciano Lopez.
In women`s doubles, Sania Mirza and her Russian partner Elena Vesnina are seeded seventh and have been pitted against the Russian combo of Vera Dushevina and Ekaterina Makarova
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back