Lee-Hesh seeded 3rd, Bopanna-Qureshi 5th at French Open
Paris: Aiming to win their third French Open title together, Indian veterans Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi have been seeded third in the clay court Grand Slam and will open their campaign against the German pair of Tommy Haas and Philipp Petzschner.
Paes and Bhupathi were champions in the 1999 and 2001 edition of the second Grand Slam of the year.
The US Open finalists, Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-haqQureshi of Pakistan are seeded fifth and face the Italian combination of Andreas Seppi and Simone Vagnozzi.
Pitted in the first-half of the draw, Paes-Bhupathi willclash with Bopanna-Qureshi combine in the pre-quarterfinals if both the teams clear the first two rounds.
Another Indian featuring in the men`s doubles event is Somdev Devvarman, who has paired with Chinese Taipei`s Yen-Hsun Lu.
They have been drawn against the Spanish duo of Marcel Granollers and Feliciano Lopez.
In women`s doubles, Sania Mirza and her Russian partner Elena Vesnina are seeded seventh and have been pitted against the Russian combo of Vera Dushevina and Ekaterina Makarova
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery