Lee-Hesh seeded 3rd, Bopanna-Qureshi 5th at French Open
Paris: Aiming to win their third French Open title together, Indian veterans Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi have been seeded third in the clay court Grand Slam and will open their campaign against the German pair of Tommy Haas and Philipp Petzschner.
Paes and Bhupathi were champions in the 1999 and 2001 edition of the second Grand Slam of the year.
The US Open finalists, Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-haqQureshi of Pakistan are seeded fifth and face the Italian combination of Andreas Seppi and Simone Vagnozzi.
Pitted in the first-half of the draw, Paes-Bhupathi willclash with Bopanna-Qureshi combine in the pre-quarterfinals if both the teams clear the first two rounds.
Another Indian featuring in the men`s doubles event is Somdev Devvarman, who has paired with Chinese Taipei`s Yen-Hsun Lu.
They have been drawn against the Spanish duo of Marcel Granollers and Feliciano Lopez.
In women`s doubles, Sania Mirza and her Russian partner Elena Vesnina are seeded seventh and have been pitted against the Russian combo of Vera Dushevina and Ekaterina Makarova
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister