Lee-Hesh seeded 3rd, Bopanna-Qureshi 5th at French Open
Paris: Aiming to win their third French Open title together, Indian veterans Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi have been seeded third in the clay court Grand Slam and will open their campaign against the German pair of Tommy Haas and Philipp Petzschner.
Paes and Bhupathi were champions in the 1999 and 2001 edition of the second Grand Slam of the year.
The US Open finalists, Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-ul-haqQureshi of Pakistan are seeded fifth and face the Italian combination of Andreas Seppi and Simone Vagnozzi.
Pitted in the first-half of the draw, Paes-Bhupathi willclash with Bopanna-Qureshi combine in the pre-quarterfinals if both the teams clear the first two rounds.
Another Indian featuring in the men`s doubles event is Somdev Devvarman, who has paired with Chinese Taipei`s Yen-Hsun Lu.
They have been drawn against the Spanish duo of Marcel Granollers and Feliciano Lopez.
In women`s doubles, Sania Mirza and her Russian partner Elena Vesnina are seeded seventh and have been pitted against the Russian combo of Vera Dushevina and Ekaterina Makarova
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical