Lee-Hesh slam ahead in Australian Open
Melbourne: The third seeded Indian pair of Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi charged ahead in the Australian Open 2011 Rd 2 with a 5-7, 6-3, 6-0 win over Ivo Karlovic and Dusan Vemic. The duo has teamed up after a long time in the bid to add the only Grand Slam title missing from their cabinet.
The Indian doubles specialists beat the big serving and towering Croat Karlovic and Serbian Vemic after losing their first set. The two then raised their game up by a notch to not allow the opponents any further leverage, taking the second set 6-3. The last set was a breeze as Lee-Hesh found their legendary rhythm to win 6-0.
Incidentally, the two last played in a Grand Slam in the 2002 Australian Open and since then they have paired only to represent the country in the Davis Cup, the Asian Games and the Olympics
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video