Lee-Hesh slam ahead in Australian Open
Melbourne: The third seeded Indian pair of Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi charged ahead in the Australian Open 2011 Rd 2 with a 5-7, 6-3, 6-0 win over Ivo Karlovic and Dusan Vemic. The duo has teamed up after a long time in the bid to add the only Grand Slam title missing from their cabinet.
The Indian doubles specialists beat the big serving and towering Croat Karlovic and Serbian Vemic after losing their first set. The two then raised their game up by a notch to not allow the opponents any further leverage, taking the second set 6-3. The last set was a breeze as Lee-Hesh found their legendary rhythm to win 6-0.
Incidentally, the two last played in a Grand Slam in the 2002 Australian Open and since then they have paired only to represent the country in the Davis Cup, the Asian Games and the Olympics
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter