Lee-Hesh to miss Davis Cup tie against Serbia
New Delhi: In a big setback to India`s
chances in the tough Davis Cup World Group clash against
defending champions Serbia, veteran duo of Leander Paes and
Mahesh Bhupathi have withdrawn from the tie due to injuries.
Leander is down with a wrist injury while Bhupathi has
suffered a groin injury. They have been replaced by Karan
Rastogi and Yuki Bhambri in the squad.
Rastogi and Vishnu Vardhan were earlier named as reserve
players in the squad, announced by the All India Tennis
Association in January.
The first round tie will be held in the Serbian city of
Novi Sad from Friday.
India`s singles hope Somdev Devvarman, doubles specialist
Rohan Bopanna and Rastogi have already reached Serbia while
Yuki left for Novi Sad today.
India secured its place in the elite group for the second
straight year after scoring a sensational come-from-behind 3-2
win over Brazil in the play-offs in Chennai.
Serbia had defeated France 3-2 in the final at Belgrade
Arena to be crowned champions for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling