Lee`s hat-trick at Indonesian Open badminton
Jakarta: World number one Lee Chong Wei on Sunday thrashed Danish veteran Peter Gade to win the Indonesian Open for a third time.
The 28-year-old Malaysian dominated the match to easily defeat the fifth-seeded Gade 21-11, 21-7.
"I played confidently and wasn`t affected at all by the spectators," Lee told reporters, referring to a noisy crowd who cheered his every smash.
"Peter is certainly a good player... But we`ve played against each other 14 times so I knew how he would play his game."
In the women`s, India`s Saina Nehwal failed to defend her title of two years, succumbing to China`s world number three Wang Yihan 12-21, 23-21, 21-14.
"I feel so lucky to have won the tournament. That was such a difficult and tiring match," Wang said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'