Lee`s hat-trick at Indonesian Open badminton
Jakarta: World number one Lee Chong Wei on Sunday thrashed Danish veteran Peter Gade to win the Indonesian Open for a third time.
The 28-year-old Malaysian dominated the match to easily defeat the fifth-seeded Gade 21-11, 21-7.
"I played confidently and wasn`t affected at all by the spectators," Lee told reporters, referring to a noisy crowd who cheered his every smash.
"Peter is certainly a good player... But we`ve played against each other 14 times so I knew how he would play his game."
In the women`s, India`s Saina Nehwal failed to defend her title of two years, succumbing to China`s world number three Wang Yihan 12-21, 23-21, 21-14.
"I feel so lucky to have won the tournament. That was such a difficult and tiring match," Wang said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation