Lee`s hat-trick at Indonesian Open badminton
Jakarta: World number one Lee Chong Wei on Sunday thrashed Danish veteran Peter Gade to win the Indonesian Open for a third time.
The 28-year-old Malaysian dominated the match to easily defeat the fifth-seeded Gade 21-11, 21-7.
"I played confidently and wasn`t affected at all by the spectators," Lee told reporters, referring to a noisy crowd who cheered his every smash.
"Peter is certainly a good player... But we`ve played against each other 14 times so I knew how he would play his game."
In the women`s, India`s Saina Nehwal failed to defend her title of two years, succumbing to China`s world number three Wang Yihan 12-21, 23-21, 21-14.
"I feel so lucky to have won the tournament. That was such a difficult and tiring match," Wang said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!