Levine reaches second round of LA Open
Los Angeles: American Jesse Levine advanced to the second round with a 6-2, 6-3 win over compatriot Bobby Reynolds at the 700,000 dollar LA Open.
The left-handed Levine advances to face No. 1 seeded Tommy Haas in the next round on Wednesday. It was Levine`s sixth win in his past nine matches.
Two-time winner Haas, of Germany, is the biggest name in a weak field that lacks a player ranked the top 15 in the world. Haas is ranked 20th.
Levine`s season highlight so far was beating Marat Safin in the opening round of Wimbledon. If he continues to do well in Los Angeles he could meet Safin in the later rounds.
Safin is seeded eighth in the 28-player field.
In other opening round matches, Australian Chris Guccione beat American Kevin Kim, 6-1, 6-4, and Robert Kendrick spanked fellow American Vince Spadea 6-0, 6-0.
Spadea holds the record for the longest winless skid in professional tennis by losing 21 consecutive matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan