Levine reaches second round of LA Open
Los Angeles: American Jesse Levine advanced to the second round with a 6-2, 6-3 win over compatriot Bobby Reynolds at the 700,000 dollar LA Open.
The left-handed Levine advances to face No. 1 seeded Tommy Haas in the next round on Wednesday. It was Levine`s sixth win in his past nine matches.
Two-time winner Haas, of Germany, is the biggest name in a weak field that lacks a player ranked the top 15 in the world. Haas is ranked 20th.
Levine`s season highlight so far was beating Marat Safin in the opening round of Wimbledon. If he continues to do well in Los Angeles he could meet Safin in the later rounds.
Safin is seeded eighth in the 28-player field.
In other opening round matches, Australian Chris Guccione beat American Kevin Kim, 6-1, 6-4, and Robert Kendrick spanked fellow American Vince Spadea 6-0, 6-0.
Spadea holds the record for the longest winless skid in professional tennis by losing 21 consecutive matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...