Levine reaches second round of LA Open
Los Angeles: American Jesse Levine advanced to the second round with a 6-2, 6-3 win over compatriot Bobby Reynolds at the 700,000 dollar LA Open.
The left-handed Levine advances to face No. 1 seeded Tommy Haas in the next round on Wednesday. It was Levine`s sixth win in his past nine matches.
Two-time winner Haas, of Germany, is the biggest name in a weak field that lacks a player ranked the top 15 in the world. Haas is ranked 20th.
Levine`s season highlight so far was beating Marat Safin in the opening round of Wimbledon. If he continues to do well in Los Angeles he could meet Safin in the later rounds.
Safin is seeded eighth in the 28-player field.
In other opening round matches, Australian Chris Guccione beat American Kevin Kim, 6-1, 6-4, and Robert Kendrick spanked fellow American Vince Spadea 6-0, 6-0.
Spadea holds the record for the longest winless skid in professional tennis by losing 21 consecutive matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!