Levski midfielder Tawiah beaten up after local derby
Sofia: Levski Sofia midfielder Michael Tawiah was beaten up outside his home soon after his club`s goalless draw against city rivals CSKA in the Bulgarian league on Saturday night, local media reported.
"I was going home after the match and I was attacked by two men just outside my home," Tawiah told a sports website on Sunday.
The 19-year-old, who made his Ghana Under-21 debut last year, joined Bulgarian champions Levski from Lokomotiv Mezdra on a 2-1/2-year contract in January.
"I couldn`t see their faces and I don`t think I would be able to recognise them," Tawiah said. "They hit me with a pistol and then they took my money and my phone."
"Now I`m staying in a hotel but my whole body hurts, especially my knee and my mouth."
Taiwah said he didd not believe rival CSKA fans were to blame for the incident.
Matches between Levski and CSKA have a history of crowd trouble with police arresting 36 fans in connection with violence before and after Saturday`s game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love