Levski midfielder Tawiah beaten up after local derby
Sofia: Levski Sofia midfielder Michael Tawiah was beaten up outside his home soon after his club`s goalless draw against city rivals CSKA in the Bulgarian league on Saturday night, local media reported.
"I was going home after the match and I was attacked by two men just outside my home," Tawiah told a sports website on Sunday.
The 19-year-old, who made his Ghana Under-21 debut last year, joined Bulgarian champions Levski from Lokomotiv Mezdra on a 2-1/2-year contract in January.
"I couldn`t see their faces and I don`t think I would be able to recognise them," Tawiah said. "They hit me with a pistol and then they took my money and my phone."
"Now I`m staying in a hotel but my whole body hurts, especially my knee and my mouth."
Taiwah said he didd not believe rival CSKA fans were to blame for the incident.
Matches between Levski and CSKA have a history of crowd trouble with police arresting 36 fans in connection with violence before and after Saturday`s game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'