Levski midfielder Tawiah beaten up after local derby
Sofia: Levski Sofia midfielder Michael Tawiah was beaten up outside his home soon after his club`s goalless draw against city rivals CSKA in the Bulgarian league on Saturday night, local media reported.
"I was going home after the match and I was attacked by two men just outside my home," Tawiah told a sports website on Sunday.
The 19-year-old, who made his Ghana Under-21 debut last year, joined Bulgarian champions Levski from Lokomotiv Mezdra on a 2-1/2-year contract in January.
"I couldn`t see their faces and I don`t think I would be able to recognise them," Tawiah said. "They hit me with a pistol and then they took my money and my phone."
"Now I`m staying in a hotel but my whole body hurts, especially my knee and my mouth."
Taiwah said he didd not believe rival CSKA fans were to blame for the incident.
Matches between Levski and CSKA have a history of crowd trouble with police arresting 36 fans in connection with violence before and after Saturday`s game.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan