Levski midfielder Tawiah beaten up after local derby
Sofia: Levski Sofia midfielder Michael Tawiah was beaten up outside his home soon after his club`s goalless draw against city rivals CSKA in the Bulgarian league on Saturday night, local media reported.
"I was going home after the match and I was attacked by two men just outside my home," Tawiah told a sports website on Sunday.
The 19-year-old, who made his Ghana Under-21 debut last year, joined Bulgarian champions Levski from Lokomotiv Mezdra on a 2-1/2-year contract in January.
"I couldn`t see their faces and I don`t think I would be able to recognise them," Tawiah said. "They hit me with a pistol and then they took my money and my phone."
"Now I`m staying in a hotel but my whole body hurts, especially my knee and my mouth."
Taiwah said he didd not believe rival CSKA fans were to blame for the incident.
Matches between Levski and CSKA have a history of crowd trouble with police arresting 36 fans in connection with violence before and after Saturday`s game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information