Life term to rapist of a minor girl
Bijnor: A local court on Friday awarded life
imprisonment to a convict accused of raping a minor and
imposed a fine of Rs 50,000 on him, while three of his
accomplices were given seven years of rigorous imprisonment.
According to the prosecution, Parkat Singh of village
Gulalwali along with his three accomplice had abducted a minor
girl from the village on March 8, 2006.
After about three months, police found the girl and
arrested all the four accused. The victim had told the court
that Sarjeet repeatedly raped her for one month.
The Judge found Sarjeet guilty of the crime under and
sentenced him to life imprisonment along with a fine of Rs
50,000. He also sentenced his three of his accomplice to seven
years rigorous imprisonment with a fine of Rs 10,000 each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing