Life term to rapist of a minor girl
Bijnor: A local court on Friday awarded life
imprisonment to a convict accused of raping a minor and
imposed a fine of Rs 50,000 on him, while three of his
accomplices were given seven years of rigorous imprisonment.
According to the prosecution, Parkat Singh of village
Gulalwali along with his three accomplice had abducted a minor
girl from the village on March 8, 2006.
After about three months, police found the girl and
arrested all the four accused. The victim had told the court
that Sarjeet repeatedly raped her for one month.
The Judge found Sarjeet guilty of the crime under and
sentenced him to life imprisonment along with a fine of Rs
50,000. He also sentenced his three of his accomplice to seven
years rigorous imprisonment with a fine of Rs 10,000 each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India