Limba doesn`t see much into Deepika`s poor show in Natl Games
Jamshedpur: Olympian and former India coach
Limba Ram today refused to read much into the disappointing
show of Commonwealth Games gold medalist archer Deepika Kumari
in the ongoing National Games, saying up and downs are part
and parcel of an athletes life.
Deepika failed to win a medal in the Games losing to
Prativa Boro of Assam, and Limba said the defeat is only a
part of the game.
Limba said the golden girl of Jharkhand has been doing a
good job but she has to maintain her performance to qualify
for next year`s London Olympics.
Asked whether Chattisgarh government approached him to
promote archery in the state, Limba said the Chief Minister of
the state made such an offer two years back but there was no
follow up on the matter since then.
"However, I had suggested the government to set up
archery academy rather than coaching to few archers," he said
adding that Chattisgarh did not have reputed archers at
present but had plenty of talents.
"I am ready to visit Chattisgarh if I am offered a job
with good payment. However, my first priority will be to coach
Indian team, who will be preparing for the world
championship." Limba said.
Asked whether the Archery Association of India has
renewed his contract, Limba said, "I was intimated by the
secretary of AAI, Pareshnath Mukherjee during the ongoing of
National games in Jamshedpur."
"Mukherjee had asked me to attend the camp at Kolkata to
coach the Indian team," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says