Limba doesn`t see much into Deepika`s poor show in Natl Games
Jamshedpur: Olympian and former India coach
Limba Ram today refused to read much into the disappointing
show of Commonwealth Games gold medalist archer Deepika Kumari
in the ongoing National Games, saying up and downs are part
and parcel of an athletes life.
Deepika failed to win a medal in the Games losing to
Prativa Boro of Assam, and Limba said the defeat is only a
part of the game.
Limba said the golden girl of Jharkhand has been doing a
good job but she has to maintain her performance to qualify
for next year`s London Olympics.
Asked whether Chattisgarh government approached him to
promote archery in the state, Limba said the Chief Minister of
the state made such an offer two years back but there was no
follow up on the matter since then.
"However, I had suggested the government to set up
archery academy rather than coaching to few archers," he said
adding that Chattisgarh did not have reputed archers at
present but had plenty of talents.
"I am ready to visit Chattisgarh if I am offered a job
with good payment. However, my first priority will be to coach
Indian team, who will be preparing for the world
championship." Limba said.
Asked whether the Archery Association of India has
renewed his contract, Limba said, "I was intimated by the
secretary of AAI, Pareshnath Mukherjee during the ongoing of
National games in Jamshedpur."
"Mukherjee had asked me to attend the camp at Kolkata to
coach the Indian team," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow