Lipsky and Dellacqua scoop mixed doubles title
Paris: Australian Casey Dellacqua and American Scott Lipsky triumphed in the French Open mixed doubles final after seeing off holders Katarina Srebotnik and Nenad Zimonjic in a super tiebreak.
They prevailed 7-6, 4-6 and 10-7 in the super tiebreak to dash the hopes of the top seeds from Slovenia and Serbia.
The Australian-American duo were unseeded but took the opening set tiebreak 8-6 and kept their nerve in the final shootout.
They had avoided seeded pairs in all four rounds before the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'