Liquidity adequate in the system: RBI Dy Governor
Mumbai: Reserve Bank Deputy Governor KC
Chakrabarty on Monday allayed fears of excess liquidity in the
banking system saying it was just `adequate`.
"In our view, it is adequate liquidity (in the financial
system)," Chakrabarty said, when asked if there was excess
liquidity as feared in certain quarters.
The apex bank will take necessary measures if it finds
that the liquidity is excess in the system, Chakrabarty said
while talking to reporters on the sidelines of a conference.
On the government borrowing, Chakrabarty said that
borrowings did not pose any major concern.
Earlier, speaking at the conference, Chakrabarty said
that there is a need for massive investments in the country`s
He also called for more efforts from banks to promote
financial inclusion, to take banking benefits to nearly 50 percent unbanked population of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'Kabali' mints $2 mn from North America premieres
- Delhi Police on terrorists' radar
- India vs West Indies: Satisfied to score double ton after forgettable debut, says Virat Kohli
- FIR lodged over beating of two Dalits in Bihar's Muzaffarpur
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag's take on Kohli and Kabali will leave you in splits