Liu Xiang to run in Asian championships
Tokyo: China`s former Olympic 110-metres hurdles champion Liu Xiang will run at next month`s Asian athletics championships in Kobe, Japanese organisers told media persons on Tuesday.
Liu is still searching for the form that won him gold at the 2004 Athens Olympics after the Achilles injury that wrecked his Beijing hopes in 2008.
He snapped rival David Oliver`s 18-meet winning streak in his hometown of Shanghai last month but the tables were turned when the American beat Liu on home soil on June 4.
Liu is set to skip European meetings ahead of this year`s world championships in Daegu, South Korea, in August because of recurring foot pain.
His decision is part of a cautious build-up to next year`s London Olympics for the former world record holder, mindful of the Achilles surgery he underwent in 2008.
Liu will headline athletes from 40 countries taking part in the July 7-10 Asian championships in the southwest port city of Kobe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing