Liverpool coach Rafa says Torres hitting peak fitness
London: Liverpool coach Rafa Benitez has warned Europe that a lethal Fernando Torres is hitting peak fitness at the right time.
The Kop`s star Spanish striker blasted a hat-trick in 47 minutes against Hull on Saturday.
Tomorrow they are in Italy to face Fiorentina, seeking to make it two Champions League wins on the bounce.
Then five days later they travel to Stamford Bridge for a battle of the title hopefuls, aiming to repeat last season`s victory over Chelsea.
Hitman Torres has scored five goals in two games.
After his destruction of the Tigers, Rafa Benitez believes Torres is once more showing why he is rated Europe`s deadliest striker.
Torres is more concerned with what lies ahead, rather than the scalps already taken - and desperate to keep his purple patch going.
"It has been an amazing week for me, with five goals in two games, and now we have two more important games coming up. If we can get six points from our first two Champions League matches it will be very positive and then we have that big game at Chelsea," Torres said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars