Liverpool says board agrees sale of club
Manchester: Liverpool have agreed the sale of the club to New England Sports Ventures (NESV), which owns American baseball club the Boston Red Sox, the Premier League club said on Wednesday.
"I am delighted that we have been able to successfully conclude the sale process which has been thorough and extensive," Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton said in a statement on the club`s website.
"The board decided to accept NESV`s proposal on the basis that it best met the criteria we set out originally for a suitable new owner. NESV`s philosophy is all about winning and they have fully demonstrated that at Red Sox."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi