Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard out for up to a month
Liverpool: Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard will be sidelined for up to a month after surgery on his groin, the Premier League club said on Friday.
“Steven Gerrard has undergone successful surgery on his groin and will be out for up to four weeks. The decision was made following consultation with a specialist,” Liverpool said on their website.
Gerrard, who is set to miss England’s Euro 2012 qualifier against Wales on March 26 in Cardiff, suffered the injury in the 1-0 league win at Chelsea in early February.
Liverpool will be without their captain for the return leg of their last 16 Europa League tie against Braga on March 17, having lost the first match 1-0 in Portugal on Thursday.
He could also miss up to three Premier League games including the matches at Sunderland and West Bromwich Albion plus Manchester City at Anfield on April 11.
Liverpool are sixth in the standings with 42 points from 29 games and have nine matches left. They are nine points outside the Champions League qualifying places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan