Liverpool`s Torres throws title taunt at Chelsea
London: Liverpool hitman Fernando Torres has thrown a title taunt at both Chelsea and Manchester United, says his club will show its real intentions in due course.
"We have no problem beating Manchester United or Chelsea but it is games like Sunday`s at Tottenham where we need to show our real title intentions," Torres was quoted as saying.
The Spanish striker, 25, believes his side has to win the Premier League title this season after missing out by just four points to champions United last season.
Torres said: "I am not thinking can we win the title, I am thinking we have to win the title. We came so close last season but for many of the players it was their first time experiencing the pressure of a Premier League title race."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars