Lohan takes opening-day honours at Eastern India Amateur
Kolkata: Continuing with his rich vein of
form, Abhinav Lohan carded one-under 71 to take the top spot
after the first round of the LG Goodricke Eastern India
Strokeplay golf tournament here on Monday.
The strokeplay event, which will be played over two days,
will also be used to determine the seedings for the matchplay
tournament which gets underway on Wednesday.
Lohan is now one stroke ahead of a three-man chasing pack
which includes the Delhi duo of Gagan Verma and Saurabh
Bahuguna, along with local lad Sher Ali Mollah.
A crowd of seven, including Rashid Khan, shared the fifth
place at one-over 73.
There will be a playoff for the first and the 32nd place.
Lohan almost didn`t play this morning because of viral
fever but after taking a strong dose of medicines, the
youngster held on to return the best card of the day.
"I was feeling terrible at the start of the day. Now I
still feel a little better and should hopefully continue to
get better through the week," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi