Lohia Auto plans to enter Europe, US market with e-scooters
New Delhi: Electric two-wheeler maker Lohia Auto Industries intends to enter the US market as part of its global expansion plans that will also see the company exporting its bikes to SAARC countries and Europe.
While the company has already started holding discussions with some European distributors for shipments, it is working on making its products suitable for the US market.
"We will start exporting our scooters by January or February next year to the neighbouring nations, mainly the SAARC countries," Lohia Auto Industries Chief Executive Officer Ayush Lohia told reporters.
He, however, did not disclose details on how many units the company is planning to export.
On plans of exporting to developed markets like Europe and the US, Lohia said: "We are planning to sell our bikes within the first half of next fiscal. At present, we are looking for tie ups for distributing the products there (in Europe)."
As far as the US is concerned, he said: "Our R&D team is
already working on products to make it suitable for the US
By the end of next fiscal, the company plans to enter the
US, but volume would be low as the market there is dominated
by the four-wheeler segment, Lohia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS