Look who’s cleaning train toilets- not Railways!
New Delhi: Passengers travelling on
Bangalore- and Kolkata-bound Rajdhani trains from here can
hope for better sanitation facilities inside the trains,
thanks to an initiative by an NGO.
The World Toliet Organisation in association with
Hindustan Unilever, a FMCG major, today launched a pilot
project to ensure clean toilets for commuters in Delhi-
Bangalore and Delhi-Rajdhani trains for three months.
The NGO chief Jack Sim, and Sudhanshu Vats, Vice
President (Home Care and Skin Cleansing) of Hindustan Unilever
launched the project today at the Nizamuddin station.
Vats said the company and the NGO had tied up with
Peacock Communications, to whom Railways has outsourced the
sanitation work, to ensure cleaner toilets for passengers.
"We will provide the toilet cleaners of Domex to the
sanitation workers to clean the toilets to ensure that they
are clean and germ-free," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley