Love isn`t everything `when it comes to a lasting marriage`
London: Believe it or not, love isn`t everything when it comes to a lasting marriage.
A new study has found that it`s not only love but a couple`s ages, previous relationships and whether they smoke are all important factors which actually influence whether their partnership will survive in the long run.
Researchers followed 2,500 couples who were married or living together over a six-year period. The results showed that a quarter of relationships will end within six years.
A husband who is nine or more years older than his wife is twice as likely to get divorced while women who want children much more than their partners are more likely to
separate, the `Daily Express` reported.
And the study also showed 16 per cent of those whose parents separated later split up themselves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai