Love isn`t everything `when it comes to a lasting marriage`
London: Believe it or not, love isn`t everything when it comes to a lasting marriage.
A new study has found that it`s not only love but a couple`s ages, previous relationships and whether they smoke are all important factors which actually influence whether their partnership will survive in the long run.
Researchers followed 2,500 couples who were married or living together over a six-year period. The results showed that a quarter of relationships will end within six years.
A husband who is nine or more years older than his wife is twice as likely to get divorced while women who want children much more than their partners are more likely to
separate, the `Daily Express` reported.
And the study also showed 16 per cent of those whose parents separated later split up themselves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry