Love isn`t everything `when it comes to a lasting marriage`
London: Believe it or not, love isn`t everything when it comes to a lasting marriage.
A new study has found that it`s not only love but a couple`s ages, previous relationships and whether they smoke are all important factors which actually influence whether their partnership will survive in the long run.
Researchers followed 2,500 couples who were married or living together over a six-year period. The results showed that a quarter of relationships will end within six years.
A husband who is nine or more years older than his wife is twice as likely to get divorced while women who want children much more than their partners are more likely to
separate, the `Daily Express` reported.
And the study also showed 16 per cent of those whose parents separated later split up themselves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi