LSE, NYSE Euronext eye Indian bourse stake: Report
New Delhi: The London Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange Euronext may pick up a five percent stake each in MCX Stock Exchange, India`s newest bourse, a newspaper report said, citing two people close to the development.
The founders of MCX-SX, which aims to be the third national level stock exchange, have to pare their stake by September 15 to comply with regulations, the paper said.
However in March, a source familiar with the matter said that the London bourse was not in talks buy a stake in the Indian exchange.
MCX-SX officials could not be immediately reached for comment.
Financial Technologies and Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd, the two founding firms, have already bought down their combined holding to 70 percent from 100 percent.
MCX-SX is hopeful of getting the regulators approval to start equity trading when it pares its founders ownership to 40 percent, the paper cited an investment banker as saying.
Deutsche Bank, Nomura Financial Advisory, and Antique Capital Markets are advising MCX-SX on the transaction, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Preggers Mira Rajput admitted to hospital; hubby Shahid Kapoor's parents hurry to meet bahu!
- 'Spit remark' on PV Sindhu's achievements: Director says fans didn't get his satire, gets TROLLED again
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra: Check out features and specifications
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!