LSE, Rel Foundation to set up varsities in India
London: The London School of Economics will collaborate with Reliance Foundation, run by the promoters of India`s largest corporate house, for setting up world-class universities in the South-Asian nation.
Reliance Foundation is the philanthropy arm of Indian billionaire industrialist Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries group, while the LSE is one of the world`s most reputed business schools.
The LSE would collaborate with the Reliance Foundation in setting up world class Universities in India, LSE`s Professor Lord Nicholas Stern said here last night.
The comments from Stern, the Director of the India Observatory and Chairman of the Asia Research Centre at the LSE, came in the backdrop of a lecture delivered at LSE by Nita Ambani, Reliance Foundation`s Chairperson and Mukesh Ambani`s wife.
She said that the Foundation has taken up the challenge to set up a world class university in India to put India on the global education map.
"The University will break new grounds in the use of technology and it will be a university that looks global with Indian soul," she added.
Noting that India faced the challenge of equity and expansion in education and healthcare, she said the Dhirubhai Ambani International School in Mumbai had produced some of the top talents in the country and some of the students are currently studying at the LSE.
Nita Ambani is also the Chairperson of Dhirubhai Ambani International School.
She also suggested that India should introduce many far reaching reforms in its education system and give prominence to music, dance, painting, art and craft.
After arriving here with Mukesh Ambani yesterday afternoon in their special chartered flight, Reliance I, the couple also attended a dinner hosted by Professor Lord Nicholas Stern.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks