`Lt Governor has no links with South Education Trust`
Puducherry: Puducherry Lt Governor Iqbal Singh has no links with the management of the South Education Trust or with the Trust`s medical college project, an aide said on Monday.
"The Lt Governor has nothing to do with the management of
the private medical college and the trust planning to start
the college in Karaikal. No land had been allotted by the
government to the trust for its medical college project...,"
Secretary to the Lt Governor, Uddipta Ray said in a release.
Refuting reports in this regard, the release said some
political parties had been repeatedly making "baseless and
grave allegations" against the Lt Governor.
The official also denied reports that the house of Kamal
Shah situated near Rajnivas was being used by the Trust for
housing its office of the medical college.
"The District collector had already clarified that the
house is under control of the private owner and that it
remains unused and remains locked for years together," it
On the controversy over the site allotted under lease for
construction of a Gurudwara at Ariyankuppam near Puducherry,
the release said the Revenue Department had only leased out
0.65 acre (28,314 sq feet) site for the Shukmoni Saheb Sabha
and not 40 acres as reported in a section of the media for the
The Sabha had placed before the government the proposals
in 2008 well before Singh assumed the office of Lt Governor.
Singh was inducted as Lt Governor on July 27, 2009.
The land was leased out with due approval of the council
of ministers at an annual licence fee of Rs 35,000, it said.
On the controversy over Singh`s recommendation for
expeditious issue of passport to suspected money launderer
Hasan Ali Khan, the release said the Enforcement Directorate
had made only enquiries with the Lt Governor on April 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh arrives in violence-hit Kashmir, holds meeting with civil society members
- Premier League 2016-17: Liverpool seal big-money deal for Georginio Wijnaldum
- PM Narendra Modi condemns Munich attack
- When Aditya Chopra told Ranveer Singh to act like himself
- Shah Rukh Khan terms himself struggling writer, pens poem inspired from Zayn Malik