`Lt Governor has no links with South Education Trust`
Puducherry: Puducherry Lt Governor Iqbal Singh has no links with the management of the South Education Trust or with the Trust`s medical college project, an aide said on Monday.
"The Lt Governor has nothing to do with the management of
the private medical college and the trust planning to start
the college in Karaikal. No land had been allotted by the
government to the trust for its medical college project...,"
Secretary to the Lt Governor, Uddipta Ray said in a release.
Refuting reports in this regard, the release said some
political parties had been repeatedly making "baseless and
grave allegations" against the Lt Governor.
The official also denied reports that the house of Kamal
Shah situated near Rajnivas was being used by the Trust for
housing its office of the medical college.
"The District collector had already clarified that the
house is under control of the private owner and that it
remains unused and remains locked for years together," it
On the controversy over the site allotted under lease for
construction of a Gurudwara at Ariyankuppam near Puducherry,
the release said the Revenue Department had only leased out
0.65 acre (28,314 sq feet) site for the Shukmoni Saheb Sabha
and not 40 acres as reported in a section of the media for the
The Sabha had placed before the government the proposals
in 2008 well before Singh assumed the office of Lt Governor.
Singh was inducted as Lt Governor on July 27, 2009.
The land was leased out with due approval of the council
of ministers at an annual licence fee of Rs 35,000, it said.
On the controversy over Singh`s recommendation for
expeditious issue of passport to suspected money launderer
Hasan Ali Khan, the release said the Enforcement Directorate
had made only enquiries with the Lt Governor on April 26.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list