Lt Governor launches `Mission Green Puducherry`
Puducherry: Lt Governor Dr Iqbal Singh, Chief
Minister N Rangasamy and his cabinet colleagues on Friday planted
saplings in the precincts of Rajnivas, marking the start of a
massive programme to restore green cover in the cyclone hit
The Administration has drawn up plans to plant 2.5 lakh
saplings in the whole region, including rural areas. The
project would be completed in the 2012-13 fiscal, official
sources told reporters.
Puducherry had lost around two lakh trees in the cyclone
Thane that hit Puducherry on December 30 2011.
Singh urged the people to work with government departments
to make `Mission Green Puducherry` a resounding success. The
Mission is aimed at restoring pristine green beauty of
Puducherry, he said.
Chief Minister N.Rangasamy said the administration had
geared up the machinery to ensure that the green look of
Puducherry was regained. A detailed plan had been drawn up and
was being implemented to ensure early implementation of the
scheme, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef