Lt Governor launches `Mission Green Puducherry`
Puducherry: Lt Governor Dr Iqbal Singh, Chief
Minister N Rangasamy and his cabinet colleagues on Friday planted
saplings in the precincts of Rajnivas, marking the start of a
massive programme to restore green cover in the cyclone hit
The Administration has drawn up plans to plant 2.5 lakh
saplings in the whole region, including rural areas. The
project would be completed in the 2012-13 fiscal, official
sources told reporters.
Puducherry had lost around two lakh trees in the cyclone
Thane that hit Puducherry on December 30 2011.
Singh urged the people to work with government departments
to make `Mission Green Puducherry` a resounding success. The
Mission is aimed at restoring pristine green beauty of
Puducherry, he said.
Chief Minister N.Rangasamy said the administration had
geared up the machinery to ensure that the green look of
Puducherry was regained. A detailed plan had been drawn up and
was being implemented to ensure early implementation of the
scheme, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video