Lt Governor, Rangasamy pay tributes to Gandhi
Puducherry: Lt Governor Iqbal Singh, Chief Minister N Rangasamy, Speaker V Sabapathy and Ministers were among those who paid floral tributes at the statue of Mahatma Gandhi on his 142nd birth anniversary on Sunday.
Singing of patriotic and spiritual songs, reading out excerpts from religious books of Hindu, Islam and Christian religions and spinning of charka marked the celebrations.
Rangasamy later set free some pigeons brought by school children at the Gandhi statue, the venue of the function.
Opposition Congress functionaries led by the Union Minister of State of PMO V Narayanasamy also paid floral tributes at the statue.
Former chief minister and Opposition leader V Vaithilingam, former speaker MDR Ramachandran were among those who paid glowing tributes at the statue of the Mahatma.
Narayanasamy later inaugurated a painting competition by Puducherry-based Gandhi Arts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie