Lucknow poll official dies of heart attack
Lucknow: An election official died of a massive heart attack during polling here as the fourth phase of assembly elections were held in Uttar Pradesh Sunday, police said.
The incident took place at a polling booth in Alambagh. Rajjan Lal, a returning officer, was at booth number 128 where voting was in progress when he suddenly complained of uneasiness and collapsed on the ground, police said.
He died on the spot and voting was stopped for a while. Police later rushed to the spot and sent the body for autopsy.
Peaceful and brisk polling has been reported in the nine assembly constituencies of Lucknow. VIPs like Governor B.L. Joshi, senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader Kalraj Mishra and state Congress chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi cast their votes Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight