Lyondell rejects Reliance bid: Report
Mumbai: Bankrupt petrochemicals firm LyondellBasell has rejected a bid by Indian energy major Reliance Industries, a news agency reported, citing two people briefed on the matter.
Reliance, controlled by billionaire Mukesh Ambani, is likely to turn its attention to other acquisition opportunities if its bid for Lyondell, valuing the bankrupt firm at $14.5 billion, falls short.
Weighed down by massive debts, LyondellBasell`s US operations and one of its European holding companies had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional