Lyondell rejects Reliance bid: Report
Mumbai: Bankrupt petrochemicals firm LyondellBasell has rejected a bid by Indian energy major Reliance Industries, a news agency reported, citing two people briefed on the matter.
Reliance, controlled by billionaire Mukesh Ambani, is likely to turn its attention to other acquisition opportunities if its bid for Lyondell, valuing the bankrupt firm at $14.5 billion, falls short.
Weighed down by massive debts, LyondellBasell`s US operations and one of its European holding companies had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32