LyondellBasell gets creditors` support for restructuring plan
New York: Global petrochemical major
LyondellBasell today said it has received creditors` support
for the restructuring plan, which will help the company to
come out of bankruptcy.
Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries is bidding for a
majority stake in LyondellBasell and both companies had
entered into a preliminary non-binding offer.
The petrochemical firm has filed a motion in the US
bankruptcy court to settle various claims from creditors.
LyondellBasell has sought the court`s approval for Lender
Litigation Settlement, Equity Commitment Agreement (ECA) and
Plan Support Agreement (PSA), it said in a statement.
Under the ECA, a group consisting of an affiliate of
Apollo Management VII, LP; an affiliate of Access Industries;
and Ares Corporate Opportunities Fund III, LP have agreed to
backstop the equity rights offering contemplated by the
The entity which backstops takes the risk of supporting
the valuation of shares even if the scrips trade below the
"The plan contemplates that an aggregate of USD 2.8
billion will be raised through the purchase of equity
contemporaneously with emergence from Chapter 11," it added.
Moreover, the ECA does not prohibit the company from
"considering other bona fide proposals it may receive with
respect to the purchase of its equity upon emergence".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark