Maasi Magam festival celebrated with religious fervour
Puducherry: A large number of people today witnessed "Maasi Magam" festival in the coastal village of Vaithikuppam here and offered worship at the deities of various temples placed at the sea shore.
Deities from the temples of Subramania Swamy, Poyyamozhi Vinayakar and Ranganathaswamy were among the processional deities installed on the sea shore on the occasion.
The festival occurs on the occasion of full moon day in the Tamil month of "Maasi" every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday