Maasi Magam festival celebrated with religious fervour
Puducherry: A large number of people today witnessed "Maasi Magam" festival in the coastal village of Vaithikuppam here and offered worship at the deities of various temples placed at the sea shore.
Deities from the temples of Subramania Swamy, Poyyamozhi Vinayakar and Ranganathaswamy were among the processional deities installed on the sea shore on the occasion.
The festival occurs on the occasion of full moon day in the Tamil month of "Maasi" every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love