Maasi Magam festival celebrated with religious fervour
Puducherry: A large number of people today witnessed "Maasi Magam" festival in the coastal village of Vaithikuppam here and offered worship at the deities of various temples placed at the sea shore.
Deities from the temples of Subramania Swamy, Poyyamozhi Vinayakar and Ranganathaswamy were among the processional deities installed on the sea shore on the occasion.
The festival occurs on the occasion of full moon day in the Tamil month of "Maasi" every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?