Madhur Bhandarkar meets Hazare
New Delhi: Bollywood director Madhur Bhandarkar Thursday met social activist Anna Hazare at Delhi`s Jantar Mantar and said that the entire film industry supported his crusade against corruption.
"The whole film industry is with Annaji," Bhandarkar said after meeting the 72-year-old Gandhian who is on a fast-unto-death since Tuesday to press for the drafting of a stronger anti-graft Lokpal bill.
"This is the voice of every common man, I am here to support his struggle against corruption," said the director, who has given films like "Page 3", "Fashion" and "Chandni Bar".
His presence, however, created a minor ruckus at the site as the crowd went berserk to catch a glimpse of him. Police had to escort Bhandarkar out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days