Madhur Bhandarkar meets Hazare
New Delhi: Bollywood director Madhur Bhandarkar Thursday met social activist Anna Hazare at Delhi`s Jantar Mantar and said that the entire film industry supported his crusade against corruption.
"The whole film industry is with Annaji," Bhandarkar said after meeting the 72-year-old Gandhian who is on a fast-unto-death since Tuesday to press for the drafting of a stronger anti-graft Lokpal bill.
"This is the voice of every common man, I am here to support his struggle against corruption," said the director, who has given films like "Page 3", "Fashion" and "Chandni Bar".
His presence, however, created a minor ruckus at the site as the crowd went berserk to catch a glimpse of him. Police had to escort Bhandarkar out.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living