Madhur Bhandarkar meets Hazare
New Delhi: Bollywood director Madhur Bhandarkar Thursday met social activist Anna Hazare at Delhi`s Jantar Mantar and said that the entire film industry supported his crusade against corruption.
"The whole film industry is with Annaji," Bhandarkar said after meeting the 72-year-old Gandhian who is on a fast-unto-death since Tuesday to press for the drafting of a stronger anti-graft Lokpal bill.
"This is the voice of every common man, I am here to support his struggle against corruption," said the director, who has given films like "Page 3", "Fashion" and "Chandni Bar".
His presence, however, created a minor ruckus at the site as the crowd went berserk to catch a glimpse of him. Police had to escort Bhandarkar out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report