Madhur Bhandarkar meets Hazare
New Delhi: Bollywood director Madhur Bhandarkar Thursday met social activist Anna Hazare at Delhi`s Jantar Mantar and said that the entire film industry supported his crusade against corruption.
"The whole film industry is with Annaji," Bhandarkar said after meeting the 72-year-old Gandhian who is on a fast-unto-death since Tuesday to press for the drafting of a stronger anti-graft Lokpal bill.
"This is the voice of every common man, I am here to support his struggle against corruption," said the director, who has given films like "Page 3", "Fashion" and "Chandni Bar".
His presence, however, created a minor ruckus at the site as the crowd went berserk to catch a glimpse of him. Police had to escort Bhandarkar out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state