Magisterial inquiry into bomb attack on history sheeter
Puducherry: A magisterial enquiry has begun into the murder of a history sheeter on August 10 while being taken for hearing to a court in a police van and injuries to five policeman accompanying him.
Five persons have been arrested in this connection and the car reportedly used by them to commit the crime seized.
Judicial Magistrate-II Uthamaraja conducted an enquiry into the bomb attack on R Jagan near a bridge on the Puducherry-Cuddalore route in which he was killed and five police personnel injured.
He was arrested in connection for allegedly threatening a businessman over phone to extort money.
Jagan was being taken back to a sub jail in Karaikal after a hearing when a gang waylaid the vehicle near Nonankuppam and lobbed crude bombs into it, killing him on the spot. Five police personnel were injured.
Gang rivalry and previous enmity is suspected to be the reason for the attack.
The magistrate also called on the injured policemen at the hospital and was apprised of what had happened, police said.
Special police teams have been formed to nab the 15 others suspected to be involved in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?