Maha Cabinet formation after NCP MLAs’ meet: Chavan
New Delhi: The re-elected Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan on Sunday said that the state cabinet would be formed after the meeting of NCP MLAs on Monday and Raj Thackeray`s support will not be taken to form the government there.
"NCP legislature meeting will be held tomorrow and
after that only the government formation process will start,"
Chavan told reporters while addressing a press conference
Asked if the Congress-NCP government will take support
of MNS, he said, "There is no question of taking Raj
Listing the government`s priorities in his second
term in office, he said that he would work to implement the
election manifesto of the two parties.
He added that Maharashtra would be made self-reliant
in the power sector in the next three years.
Chavan said that after his appointment as Chief
Minister was announced last night, he held meetings with
President Pratibha Patil and senior leaders like AK Antony,
Sharad Pawar and Ahmad Patel to discuss the formation of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept
- Indian Premier League, Match 28: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab - Preview
- Indian Premier League, Match 29: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - Preview
- Draft Bill for statehood of Delhi is ready: CM Arvind Kejriwal