Maha Cabinet formation after NCP MLAs’ meet: Chavan
New Delhi: The re-elected Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan on Sunday said that the state cabinet would be formed after the meeting of NCP MLAs on Monday and Raj Thackeray`s support will not be taken to form the government there.
"NCP legislature meeting will be held tomorrow and
after that only the government formation process will start,"
Chavan told reporters while addressing a press conference
Asked if the Congress-NCP government will take support
of MNS, he said, "There is no question of taking Raj
Listing the government`s priorities in his second
term in office, he said that he would work to implement the
election manifesto of the two parties.
He added that Maharashtra would be made self-reliant
in the power sector in the next three years.
Chavan said that after his appointment as Chief
Minister was announced last night, he held meetings with
President Pratibha Patil and senior leaders like AK Antony,
Sharad Pawar and Ahmad Patel to discuss the formation of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray