Maha Cabinet formation after NCP MLAs’ meet: Chavan
New Delhi: The re-elected Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan on Sunday said that the state cabinet would be formed after the meeting of NCP MLAs on Monday and Raj Thackeray`s support will not be taken to form the government there.
"NCP legislature meeting will be held tomorrow and
after that only the government formation process will start,"
Chavan told reporters while addressing a press conference
Asked if the Congress-NCP government will take support
of MNS, he said, "There is no question of taking Raj
Listing the government`s priorities in his second
term in office, he said that he would work to implement the
election manifesto of the two parties.
He added that Maharashtra would be made self-reliant
in the power sector in the next three years.
Chavan said that after his appointment as Chief
Minister was announced last night, he held meetings with
President Pratibha Patil and senior leaders like AK Antony,
Sharad Pawar and Ahmad Patel to discuss the formation of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- India vs West Indies 2016: Long spells on Day 4 helped me rediscover rhythm, says R Ashwin
- HEINOUS: 30-year-old man rapes 4-year-old; DCW chief asks 'when will Delhi be rape free'
- Vijay Mallya's loan default case: DRT to resume hearing on UBHL's plea countering banks
- German bar attacker Syrian, had psychiatric problems
- SHOCKING: When Narsingh Yadav was caught cheating in a Maharashtra police exam!