Maha Cabinet formation after NCP MLAs’ meet: Chavan
New Delhi: The re-elected Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan on Sunday said that the state cabinet would be formed after the meeting of NCP MLAs on Monday and Raj Thackeray`s support will not be taken to form the government there.
"NCP legislature meeting will be held tomorrow and
after that only the government formation process will start,"
Chavan told reporters while addressing a press conference
Asked if the Congress-NCP government will take support
of MNS, he said, "There is no question of taking Raj
Listing the government`s priorities in his second
term in office, he said that he would work to implement the
election manifesto of the two parties.
He added that Maharashtra would be made self-reliant
in the power sector in the next three years.
Chavan said that after his appointment as Chief
Minister was announced last night, he held meetings with
President Pratibha Patil and senior leaders like AK Antony,
Sharad Pawar and Ahmad Patel to discuss the formation of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY