Maha Cabinet formation after NCP MLAs’ meet: Chavan
New Delhi: The re-elected Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan on Sunday said that the state cabinet would be formed after the meeting of NCP MLAs on Monday and Raj Thackeray`s support will not be taken to form the government there.
"NCP legislature meeting will be held tomorrow and
after that only the government formation process will start,"
Chavan told reporters while addressing a press conference
Asked if the Congress-NCP government will take support
of MNS, he said, "There is no question of taking Raj
Listing the government`s priorities in his second
term in office, he said that he would work to implement the
election manifesto of the two parties.
He added that Maharashtra would be made self-reliant
in the power sector in the next three years.
Chavan said that after his appointment as Chief
Minister was announced last night, he held meetings with
President Pratibha Patil and senior leaders like AK Antony,
Sharad Pawar and Ahmad Patel to discuss the formation of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Full List: 10 wealthiest countries in the world; India at 7th place
- Father arrested for sexually abusing 2 minor girls
- New global migration map may help fight malaria
- 7th CPC: Committee of Secretaries on Allowances to meet on September 1; invites employees' unions for talks
- Nationalism is BJP's identity, our sole aim is nation-building: PM Modi