Maha Govt to conduct inquiry in Emraan Hashmi case
Mumbai: After actor Emraan Hashmi
accused a housing society in posh Bandra of religious bias
in not providing a no-objection certificate (NOC) to purchase
a flat, Maharashtra government today said it would probe the
issue and take action against the guilty.
"We have instructed Joint Commissioner of Police
(Crime) Rakesh Maria to conduct an inquiry and action would be
taken against those found guilty," Minister of State for Home
Naseem Khan told PTI.
Emraan has written to the Home Department accusing
the Nibbana cooperative housing society in the Pali Hill area
of religious discrimination in not providing the NOC to
purchase a flat in the society, Khan said.
"This is a violation of fundamental rights under
Article 14 of the Constitution and 153 (A) of CrPC and also
threatens communal harmony," the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!