Maha polls: Narayan Rane to campaign for Deshmukh`s son
Mumbai: Maharashtra Industry Minister Narayan
Rane will on Saturday campaign for Amit Deshmukh, son of Union
Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh`s son and Congress candidate from
Latur city Assembly constituency.
Rane, who was Revenue Minister in Deshmukh`s Cabinet, had
publicly assailed his party colleague over corruption.
After he lost the race for Chief Minister in December
last year, Rane blamed Deshmukh for plotting to keep him away
from the top post.
The Shiv Sainik-turned-Congressman had, however, recently
patched up with him.
According to sources close to Deshmukh, Rane himself
offered to campaign for Amit. Deshmukh will be touring North
Maharashtra today and will not be present in Latur, his
But, the two leaders are scheduled to jointly address
a public meeting on Sunday in Panvel, near Mumbaui, in support
of Congress candidate Prashant Thakur.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, Union Power
Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and State Congress President
Manikrao Thakre will be in Vidarbha today for campaigning.
Cine star Raj Babbar will address rallies for Congress
-NCP in Aurangabad and Sillod in Central Maharashtra.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living