Maha polls: Narayan Rane to campaign for Deshmukh`s son
Mumbai: Maharashtra Industry Minister Narayan
Rane will on Saturday campaign for Amit Deshmukh, son of Union
Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh`s son and Congress candidate from
Latur city Assembly constituency.
Rane, who was Revenue Minister in Deshmukh`s Cabinet, had
publicly assailed his party colleague over corruption.
After he lost the race for Chief Minister in December
last year, Rane blamed Deshmukh for plotting to keep him away
from the top post.
The Shiv Sainik-turned-Congressman had, however, recently
patched up with him.
According to sources close to Deshmukh, Rane himself
offered to campaign for Amit. Deshmukh will be touring North
Maharashtra today and will not be present in Latur, his
But, the two leaders are scheduled to jointly address
a public meeting on Sunday in Panvel, near Mumbaui, in support
of Congress candidate Prashant Thakur.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, Union Power
Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and State Congress President
Manikrao Thakre will be in Vidarbha today for campaigning.
Cine star Raj Babbar will address rallies for Congress
-NCP in Aurangabad and Sillod in Central Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note