Maha polls: Narayan Rane to campaign for Deshmukh`s son
Mumbai: Maharashtra Industry Minister Narayan
Rane will on Saturday campaign for Amit Deshmukh, son of Union
Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh`s son and Congress candidate from
Latur city Assembly constituency.
Rane, who was Revenue Minister in Deshmukh`s Cabinet, had
publicly assailed his party colleague over corruption.
After he lost the race for Chief Minister in December
last year, Rane blamed Deshmukh for plotting to keep him away
from the top post.
The Shiv Sainik-turned-Congressman had, however, recently
patched up with him.
According to sources close to Deshmukh, Rane himself
offered to campaign for Amit. Deshmukh will be touring North
Maharashtra today and will not be present in Latur, his
But, the two leaders are scheduled to jointly address
a public meeting on Sunday in Panvel, near Mumbaui, in support
of Congress candidate Prashant Thakur.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, Union Power
Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and State Congress President
Manikrao Thakre will be in Vidarbha today for campaigning.
Cine star Raj Babbar will address rallies for Congress
-NCP in Aurangabad and Sillod in Central Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites