Maha to seek Rs 15,000cr from Centre as drought relief
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan today said that his government had sought Rs 15,000 crore as drought relief from the Centre.
Out of the 353 taluks, a drought and scarcity like
situation has been declared in 221 taluks, he said.
Steps have been taken to start fodder depots and improve
water supply situation, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state