Maha to seek Rs 15,000cr from Centre as drought relief
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan today said that his government had sought Rs 15,000 crore as drought relief from the Centre.
Out of the 353 taluks, a drought and scarcity like
situation has been declared in 221 taluks, he said.
Steps have been taken to start fodder depots and improve
water supply situation, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon