Maha to seek Rs 15,000cr from Centre as drought relief
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan today said that his government had sought Rs 15,000 crore as drought relief from the Centre.
Out of the 353 taluks, a drought and scarcity like
situation has been declared in 221 taluks, he said.
Steps have been taken to start fodder depots and improve
water supply situation, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply