Maharashtra Govt doctors call off strike
Mumbai: About 8,000 doctors and senior officials of the Maharashtra Health services on Thursday called off their three-day strike after the State Government agreed to hike salaries and take up their other demands at the cabinet meeting next week.
Assurance to put up all the three demands of the doctors
in the cabinet meeting on July 29 was given by state Health
Minister Rajendra Shingane after two hours of talks between
the Federation of Health Officers of Maharashtra and Public
Health officials here.
The government would incur an additional expenditure of
Rs 100 crore towards increased salaries for the doctors,
official sources said.
"If the government does not implement the demand we will
go on strike again," Federation Secretary, Dr Ashok Kamble
The doctors were demanding non-practicing allowances,
filling up of as many as 2028 vacancies for health officers at
various levels and promotion of the Dynamic Assured Progress
Carrier Scheme (DAPCS).
The Government has agreed to a non-practicing allowance
of Rs 35 per day in urban areas and Rs 50 per day in rural
areas, the sources said.
The `non-cooperation` strike had affected services in
2,300 institutions, including 1,817 primary health care
centres, 443 rural and cottage hospitals in Maharashtra.
The Doctors, including senior health officers, deputy
directors of the Health Directorate, were on mass leave and
had stopped all non-emergency services, including admission of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani