Mahindras want to excel in I-League: Booth
Mumbai: The chief focus of top Mumbai outfit
Mahindra United in the forthcoming football season would be to
excel in the Federation Cup and I-League, new coach David
Booth said on Wednesday.
"It would be nice to win the IFA Shield (which Mahindras
would be defending) and (the) Durand Cup, but whatever we do
in the early competitions, we need to justify with our
performances in the I-League," Booth said.
"The I-League is a long haul competition where every team
is judged. The Federation Cup is a quicker way to AFC Cup
competition, (so) these two are the most important tournaments
in the calendar," said the Englishman, who is in his second
stint with the club.
In the last season the outfit, under the guidance of
Derrick Pereira, who has quit and joined the promoted Pune FC,
finished fifth in the I-League and failed to make the semi
finals on goal difference in the Federation Cup.
Booth felt the team needs to sharpen up their play in the
second half as they tend to either tire out or lose focus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY