Mahindras want to excel in I-League: Booth
Mumbai: The chief focus of top Mumbai outfit
Mahindra United in the forthcoming football season would be to
excel in the Federation Cup and I-League, new coach David
Booth said on Wednesday.
"It would be nice to win the IFA Shield (which Mahindras
would be defending) and (the) Durand Cup, but whatever we do
in the early competitions, we need to justify with our
performances in the I-League," Booth said.
"The I-League is a long haul competition where every team
is judged. The Federation Cup is a quicker way to AFC Cup
competition, (so) these two are the most important tournaments
in the calendar," said the Englishman, who is in his second
stint with the club.
In the last season the outfit, under the guidance of
Derrick Pereira, who has quit and joined the promoted Pune FC,
finished fifth in the I-League and failed to make the semi
finals on goal difference in the Federation Cup.
Booth felt the team needs to sharpen up their play in the
second half as they tend to either tire out or lose focus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP