Mahindras want to excel in I-League: Booth
Mumbai: The chief focus of top Mumbai outfit
Mahindra United in the forthcoming football season would be to
excel in the Federation Cup and I-League, new coach David
Booth said on Wednesday.
"It would be nice to win the IFA Shield (which Mahindras
would be defending) and (the) Durand Cup, but whatever we do
in the early competitions, we need to justify with our
performances in the I-League," Booth said.
"The I-League is a long haul competition where every team
is judged. The Federation Cup is a quicker way to AFC Cup
competition, (so) these two are the most important tournaments
in the calendar," said the Englishman, who is in his second
stint with the club.
In the last season the outfit, under the guidance of
Derrick Pereira, who has quit and joined the promoted Pune FC,
finished fifth in the I-League and failed to make the semi
finals on goal difference in the Federation Cup.
Booth felt the team needs to sharpen up their play in the
second half as they tend to either tire out or lose focus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon