Mahitha Mohan ends on a high with three golds in cycling
Ranchi: International rider Mahitha Mohan clinched the women`s 28km individual road time trial title to end the cycling campaign with three gold medals in the 34th National Games.
Sombir Singh of Services won the men`s 42km individual road time trial title as the five-day cycling competition came to an end.
Overall, riding on Ch Rameshwari Devi`s four gold-medal haul, Manipur topped the cycling medals tally with six gold, five silver and one bronze, followed by Punjab (5-5-7) and Services (4-4-1).
Earlier today, in the men`s 42km individual road time trial event, Sombir clocked 55:52 to bag the gold, while Punjab`s Harpreet Singh (57:10) and Haryana`s Pankaj Kumar (57:17) took the silver and bronze, respectively.
Mahitha reigned supreme in the women`s 28km individual road time trial with a timing of 44:23 to cap a spectacular National Games with hat-trick of gold medals.
Manipur`s Th Helen Devi (45:06) and Rajasthan`s Pana Choudhary (45:30) settled for silver and bronze, respectively.
While Rameshwari Devi ended up with four gold (sprint women, 1500m team TT, 3km team pursuit, 500m TT) and a silver medal in Olympic sprint, Mahitha finished with three gold (3km individual pursuit, Oly sprint and 28km road TT) and two silver (1500m team TT, 3km team pursuit).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey