`Mainstay’ Drogba still needed at Chelsea: Gourlay
London: Chelsea striker Didier Drogba will not be leaving the club this season, according to the club’s chief executive Ron Gourlay. Drogba’s future at Chelsea was also questioned at the end of this year’s season with Fernando Torres’s 50 million pound arrival in January.
The 33-year-old has also been suggested as a potential makeweight in a deal to take Luka Modric from Tottenham Hotspur to Chelsea, but Gourlay says that he is going nowhere. “Didier is very much a mainstay of the Chelsea team so yes, Didier will be here with us in a few weeks’ time,” A newspaper quoted Gourlay, as saying.
Drogba had an offer from Galatasaray on the table and a megabucks move to the MLS and Qatar were also mooted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days