`Mainstay’ Drogba still needed at Chelsea: Gourlay
London: Chelsea striker Didier Drogba will not be leaving the club this season, according to the club’s chief executive Ron Gourlay. Drogba’s future at Chelsea was also questioned at the end of this year’s season with Fernando Torres’s 50 million pound arrival in January.
The 33-year-old has also been suggested as a potential makeweight in a deal to take Luka Modric from Tottenham Hotspur to Chelsea, but Gourlay says that he is going nowhere. “Didier is very much a mainstay of the Chelsea team so yes, Didier will be here with us in a few weeks’ time,” A newspaper quoted Gourlay, as saying.
Drogba had an offer from Galatasaray on the table and a megabucks move to the MLS and Qatar were also mooted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali