`Mainstay’ Drogba still needed at Chelsea: Gourlay
London: Chelsea striker Didier Drogba will not be leaving the club this season, according to the club’s chief executive Ron Gourlay. Drogba’s future at Chelsea was also questioned at the end of this year’s season with Fernando Torres’s 50 million pound arrival in January.
The 33-year-old has also been suggested as a potential makeweight in a deal to take Luka Modric from Tottenham Hotspur to Chelsea, but Gourlay says that he is going nowhere. “Didier is very much a mainstay of the Chelsea team so yes, Didier will be here with us in a few weeks’ time,” A newspaper quoted Gourlay, as saying.
Drogba had an offer from Galatasaray on the table and a megabucks move to the MLS and Qatar were also mooted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!