`Mainstay’ Drogba still needed at Chelsea: Gourlay
London: Chelsea striker Didier Drogba will not be leaving the club this season, according to the club’s chief executive Ron Gourlay. Drogba’s future at Chelsea was also questioned at the end of this year’s season with Fernando Torres’s 50 million pound arrival in January.
The 33-year-old has also been suggested as a potential makeweight in a deal to take Luka Modric from Tottenham Hotspur to Chelsea, but Gourlay says that he is going nowhere. “Didier is very much a mainstay of the Chelsea team so yes, Didier will be here with us in a few weeks’ time,” A newspaper quoted Gourlay, as saying.
Drogba had an offer from Galatasaray on the table and a megabucks move to the MLS and Qatar were also mooted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users