`Mainstay’ Drogba still needed at Chelsea: Gourlay
London: Chelsea striker Didier Drogba will not be leaving the club this season, according to the club’s chief executive Ron Gourlay. Drogba’s future at Chelsea was also questioned at the end of this year’s season with Fernando Torres’s 50 million pound arrival in January.
The 33-year-old has also been suggested as a potential makeweight in a deal to take Luka Modric from Tottenham Hotspur to Chelsea, but Gourlay says that he is going nowhere. “Didier is very much a mainstay of the Chelsea team so yes, Didier will be here with us in a few weeks’ time,” A newspaper quoted Gourlay, as saying.
Drogba had an offer from Galatasaray on the table and a megabucks move to the MLS and Qatar were also mooted.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living